‘Artique’ is a fine range of coloured, high alpha cellulose conservation mountboards from Larson Juhl, available in two thicknesses, 1.4mm and 2.8mm. The 2.8mm boards have the same colour at their core as their surface. The 1.4mm boards have a white core finished with a wide selection of coloured surface papers in neutral, bright and dark shades. Certain colours are available with a surface texture. ‘Artique’ complies with the Fine Art Trade Guild Conservation Level. This assures framers and consumers that their artwork will withstand the test of time and be well protected by the board.
• Made from chemically purified wood fibres, with a high alpha
• Lignin-free. Kappa number less than 5
• Only natural fade and bleed-resistant pigments are used
• Blue Wool Scale reading minimum of 5
• Buffered with calcium carbonate (3-5% by weight)
• Passes the Silver Tarnish Test and Photographic Activity Test
• Plasticiser-free, calcium carbonate buffered PVA adhesive
• Chloride below 0.05%; Sulphate below 0.25%
• Accelerated Ageing Test - Tappi T.509 SU68:
• Un-aged = pH8.9;
• 100 yrs = pH8.9;
• 200 yrs = pH8.9;
• 300 yrs = pH8.9.
• Fully complies with FATG, conservation-level for mountboard